Wednesday 14 January 2015

Vintage Caravan - Exterior Colour?

It's still a frustratingly slow start. I have so many ideas and hopes for the renovation but just can't seem to fit it all in with work and home life and when I do have the spare time I always seem to be at the mercy of the weather.

The tiny Sprite 400 caravan still has a partially primed exterior surface. All my hard work of cleaning her is now undone and I will have to start again and give her yet another good clean to finish the priming. As with all projects you really do need to be consistent and hands on until it's finished.

I'm really looking forward to a good days work on the exterior. In the meantime, whilst it's snowing outside, I've been busy painting my vintage van in photoshop! I'm a photographer and have been using my skill's to help me choose an exterior colour. I recommend anyone embarking on a painting project to try the photoshop colour testing.

Here goes... Miss Potter as she is right now...



Here she is in Farrow & Ball French Gray...



And in Farrow & Ball Old White...



Again in Farrow & Ball Pigeon...


We can never really match how the true colour will be in photoshop, natural light will effect the overall appearance, but nevertheless it can give you a nod in the right direction.

1 comment:

AK Blogger said...

Did I miss the finished picture somewhere? I just happened on this post and didn't notice a before/after shot...hopefully it looks awesome with all your hardware back on!
exterior painting