Monday 23 March 2015

Sprite 400 Caravan - Interior Seating Renovation

My little Sprite 400 caravan project is flying along now after a very slow start. I've got so much to tell you! We've had quite a few Spring days and it's been a pleasure to work outside in the fresh countryside air. I've been balancing the interior and exterior jobs according to the weather and I've finally made progress with a huge leap.

Miss Potter's interior seating was in need of attention.
The chipped 1970's black stick-on tiles were a menace to remove from the hardboard frames.


We left the chip-board in situ and covered with a light-weight tongue & groove. We used NO MORE NAILS INVISIBLE by Unibond. This is great stuff! It has enough instant adhesive coverage to hold the T&G in place but if you make a mistake on positioning the bond allows plenty of movement before it dries. Definitely the product of the week for me!


The T&G was cut in bulk pieces for accuracy. No More Nails (Invisible) adhesive used. Clamps were used in places when needed but not necessary. 

Result...? A good cost-effective repair. I'm looking forward to seeing it painted. At the moment it looks like a 1970's sauna! 

Now, I did say that I've been busy with the exterior...  It's looking great. 
We must chat about it soon!

No comments: